America’s Best Warranty by Hyundai
10 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty
Covers repair or replacement of powertrain components (i.e., selected engine and transmission/transaxle components), originally manufactured or installed by Hyundai that are defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance. Coverage applies to original owner only, effective with 2004 model year and newer model-year vehicles. On 1999-2003 model years, coverage applies to original owner and immediate family members (i.e., wife, husband, daughter, son, stepdaughter, stepson).
Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (e.g., taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).
5 Year/60,000 Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
Covers repair or replacement of any component manufactured or originally installed by Hyundai that is defective in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
The following components are covered for time and mileage limits indicated:
- Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system and Bluetooth®): for MY 15 and prior, 3 years/36,000 miles—Equus: 5 years/60,000 miles
- Radio and audio systems (i.e., radio, compact disc player, DVD player, navigation system and Bluetooth®): for MY 16, 5 years/60,000 miles for all models
- Paint: 3 years/36,000 miles
- Battery: for MY 15 and prior, 3 years/unlimited miles (100% covered 2 years/unlimited miles; after 2 years and within 3 years, 25% cost of battery and 100% labor cost covered)
- Battery: for MY 16, 3 years/36,000 miles (no proration)
- Air conditioner refrigerant charge: 1 year/unlimited miles
- Adjustments: 1 year/12,000 miles
- Wear items: 1 year/12,000 miles (e.g., belts, brake pads and linings, clutch linings, filters, wiper blades, bulbs and fuses)
7 Year/Unlimited Miles Anti-Perforation Warranty
Covers 7 years/unlimited miles starting with 2005 model year (previously 5 years/100,000 miles for 2004 and prior model years).
Covers perforation (rust hole through the body panel from inside to outside) corrosion of original Hyundai body sheet metal due to defects in material or factory workmanship, under normal use and maintenance.
Excludes surface corrosion.
5 Year/Unlimited Miles 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
Effective from the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer, or otherwise put into service (in-service date), whichever is earlier.
TIPS FOR CALLING
When you call 1-800-243-7766 for Roadside Assistance, please provide the following:
- Your Name
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) – located on the driver’s side dashboard
- Vehicle Mileage
- Vehicle Location
- Description of Your Vehicle’s Problem
Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty
Our dedication and commitment to building vehicles of the highest quality knows no bounds. So, America’s Best Warranty is included on every new Hyundai hybrid vehicle. This chart below shows an overview of the warranty coverage.
See the sections above or the Owner’s Handbook for additional details on Hyundai’s hybrid vehicle warranty coverage.
*The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty applies to all U.S. 2012-2016 model-year Sonata Hybrids. The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. The Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty excludes coverage for vehicles placed in commercial use (e.g., taxi, route delivery, rental, etc.).